The new Baseball Canada Initiation Coach program is designed to provide valuable and accessible resources and training to coaches who are introducing and continuing to work with children in community level baseball programs.
The program is comprised of two parts:
- Baseball Canada's On-line Library - a complete resource to help get you started and a place to revisit often while you coach children's baseball and
- Initiation Coach Clinic - a Provincial/local 4-5 hour, on-field clinic that you attend after completing the On-line Library. The clinic covers practice sessions, the fundamentals of the game and ethical decision making.
Each part of the program provides credits towards your status as a Baseball Initiation level coach. Baseball Canada On-line Library module
On completion of this module, you will get credit for:
Provincial/Local Initiation Coach clinic
- Select pre-designed practice plans that show flexibility for number of children, helpers, space and equipment.
Your coaching status in the Baseball Canada Initiation Coach program will be In Training
On completion of this clinic, you will get credit for:
- Run a practice session that is fun, safe and keeps children actively engaged.
- Explain the fundamentals of a game so children understand and can successfully play in a game.
- Make ethical decisions.
Your coaching status in the Baseball Canada Initiation Coach program will be: Trained
As you progress through the program, you will receive a National Coaching Certification Program coaching card that indicates your status in the program.